About Dr. RobanPediatric Sleep Specialist
/Parent & Corporate Wellness Educator
Contributor & Advisory Board Member of the American Sleep Association
Dr. Whitney Roban received her M.A. in Psychology from New York University and her Ph.D. in Clinical and School Psychology from Hofstra University. Dr. Roban has worked as a child development clinician in individual and group settings, as well as an applied social researcher. She is also a published author of several national research studies in the youth market, as well as numerous psycho-educational products for use in child psychotherapy.
After taking a few years off to give birth to (and sleep train) two amazing little boys, Dr. Roban created SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ and the corporate wellness division, SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. Dr. Roban is now devoting her time away from her very well-rested sons as a child sleep consultant and parent educator, helping other parents and caregivers struggling with childhood sleep problems.
The SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ Philosophy
• It is NEVER TOO LATE to teach your child positive sleep habits.
• You must be ASSERTIVE, BELIEVE in yourself and your child, and have a COMMITMENT to sleep training in order to be successful.
• Parental CONSISTENCY is an essential component to raising a good sleeper.
• AGE APPROPRIATE sleep schedules must be DEVELOPED and followed PERSISTENTLY for your child.
• An OVERTIRED child will have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. A WELL-RESTED child will sleep BETTER and LONGER.
• Sleep deprivation is a serious HEALTH issue for both children and adults that impedes cognitive, emotional and physical development and functioning.
• Positive sleep habits carry on THROUGHOUT a child's life. The benefits are endless, and it is a precious gift for the whole family.If your baby, toddler or preschooler is not sleeping, a child sleep consultant can help. Contact Dr. Roban by calling (646) 504-9448. Dr. Roban has shared the SLEEP-EEZ-KIDZ techniques with parents throughout the nation. If you are interested in having baby and child sleep consultant Dr. Roban address your parenting group or the working parents within your corporate wellness program, visit the healthy sleep contact page.